Copyright © Robbie Fanucchi
There are over 80 million websites on the Internet today. Even within selected categories there are millions of sites. For example, type ‘home business’ in the google search engine and nearly 6 million websites are listed.
To state the obvious, competition is fierce. Your website, no matter how unique you think it might be, can easily get lost in the sea of competing websites. What can you do to make sure your website obtains success? We will discuss 5 key points to successful Internet marketing.
1. This first point is probably the most important. Not only is it a free form of gaining visibility for your site, but it is one of the most effective. Article writing and submitting them to article directories increases traffic to your site. How? Most article submissions sites will not pay for your article, but they allow you to create an author’s resource box. Inside this box you can include a live link to your website. This allows the reader to visit your site if something in your article compels him to do so. The more articles you write, the more of expert you become in the eyes of potential customers. Also, these articles are made available for reprinting in e-zines or other websites. The only requirement is that whoever uses your article must include the resource box with the link to your website. Just think how many back links you are creating to your website if you just write one to two articles a day.
2. Another great idea is giving away free items. Costco does it without fail. On any given day you will see free sample stands strategically placed throughout the mega-club store. This concept truly works. You can use it by giving away samples of your product. If your site is based on selling information of affiliate programs, you could offer a free mini-course or newsletter on your topic of expertise. You can also create an e-book and give it away without charge. Giving away free stuff keeps your business and website in the minds of potential customers.
3. No matter how unique you think your idea is, the reality is that someone else has probably thought of it too. Try to find those that share similar marketing ideas as yours. By choosing a network partner you can share links and refer customers to each other. Be careful when choosing a networking partner. Who you partner with is a direct reflection on you and your business. Make sure your partner of choice is reputable and legitimate.
4. Search engine optimization is a key to Internet marketing success. You have to make the search engines place your website near the top of its list. This is a sure way to increase traffic to your site. Article writing, mentioned earlier, is a good way to do this for free. However, many search engines allow you to purchase a ranking for your website. One way this is done is through pay-per-click programs. In these programs, you create an ad, choose a bidding price and only pay when someone clicks on your ad. This gives you instant traffic to your site. The good news is that your activity in a pay-per-click search engine can help your site get ranked in the free search engines, too.
5. The final point is to expand your area of advertising. Too many fledgling Internet marketers feel that since their business is online, they can only advertise online. This is a big mistake and many are prone to make it. The fact is, not many Internet marketers are taking advantage of the various advertising options. Use this to your advantage. Advertising in newspapers, t.v., and radio are great options to consider.
Millions upon millions of website are floating around in cyberspace. To avoid having your website floating in limbo forever, utilize the 5 steps mentioned above. These 5 steps can help your Internet marketing become a success.