Back in 2000 I wrote a book “Starting an Internet Business at Home” which was published in hard copy format by Kogan Page (ISBN 0749434848).
It is currently out of print but in its day it was considered hot stuff and sold over 20,000 copies in bookstores world wide.
At the time I though I knew all there was to know about online marketing but a few days ago I happened across a little book by another author that shattered my illusions and exposed how little I really know.
It reveals the astonishing story of how the writer took a single idea and turned it into $37,641.85 in just 24 days.
Moreover, he demonstrates step by step exactly how he did it.
So what did I learn that I didn’t know before?
Manifold gems of wisdom on online marketing, including
1. The building blocks to conducting effective online market research
2. How to develop products in obscure but highly popular niche areas
3. How to create them seamlessly and inexpensively
4. Why falling in love with your produce is the worst mistake you can make
5. An ingenious and incredibly simple strategy for attracting JV partners
6. How to use other people’s websites to jack up overall sales
7. A little known but highly reputable POD (print on demand) source where the pricing starts at $5.95 for just ONE book perfect bound with ISBN and free shipping to customers
Oh, and lots of other useful things, but especially how to repeat another author’s proven format over and over again.
So what will I do with my new found wisdom?
Two things in the first instance
First off I will breathe some fresh life into several of my own existing self-generated products that started with a bang and died off soon after like damp squibs. Now I know (thanks to another author) how to re-launch them to new heights – and keep them up there.
Secondly I intend to venture into new pastures and create a whole bunch of innovative products for popular niche markets I didn’t even know existed.
If you would like to learn more about the little book that shattered my illusions on what I thought I knew a propos online marketing, visit the website featured in the resource box below.